Thursday 20 September 2012

Introducing... our newest staff member!

We know it’s always nice to meet the people behind the scenes, so from now on we will be introducing you (via the blog) to various members of staff.

First up in the hot seat is our newest colleague, Marketing Assistant, Lauren.
So Lauren, marketing jobs are very popular these day, tell us how you got involved in the field?
I stumbled into Marketing through volunteering at my local Open Air Museum, Beamish, which is an independent Museum in County Durham. After my degree in Leeds I moved back to the North East, and began volunteering with the Development Team there.
My main role was to write content for the new Museum website, so I got to see how a marketing department functions. I was offered the post of Communications Assistant in the department, which involved assisting all members of the Development team including the Digital Communications, Marketing & PR, Events, and Venue Sales Officers in their various roles, so I have a wide experience in various areas of marketing, as well as a passion for it!

Ok so why the change from old things to helicopters??
I met my boyfriend while at university and while I got a job up north, he moved down to the Midlands to continue in education. After spending far too much time on trains between Durham and Warwickshire, I began looking for jobs in the West Midlands. The role of Marketing Assistant at TAAS appealed straight away as working in the charitable sector already I knew I’d enjoy working for such an amazing cause.
So have we put you off working here yet?
Definitely not! So far I have met lots of people, and had a taster of what working here will be like. Everyone I’ve met has been very welcoming, and they all seem to have a real passion for the Charity.
I’ve visited both WNAA and DLRAA Bases, some of the Charity’s shops, and Landing Pad coffee shop and I’m really enjoying it so far; I’m excited to be working for such a forward thinking, and expanding organisation.
And finally, what do you do to ‘chillax’ as the cool kids call it these days?
When I am not being a Marketing Assistant, I enjoy baking and doing crafty-things, and have been really enjoying exploring the local area more now I have the weekends free of travelling - so any suggestions for local days out and great places to eat will be much appreciated!
 
So that’s our Marketing Assistant for you! Welcome to the organisation Lauren, we guarantee you’ll soon feel like you’ve been here forever and you are a very welcome addition to our hardworking Marketing and Comms team.

Who will be the lucky member of staff up next in the hot seat? Well I guess you’ll have to keep checking this blog to find out… or if you have a particular job role you want to hear more about please feel free to leave a request.

No comments:

Post a Comment