Tuesday 23 October 2012

Introducing.. our Corporate Events Manager

Here at The Air Ambulance Service we've had a flurry of new staff recently as we continue to progress, expand and develop our innovative organisation.

This week we intoduce you to Hannah Berwick-Walters, our Corporate Events Manager (Challenge Events) who is excitingly one of our very first staff members based in our London office.

We quizzed her about what her role will involve and why she's decided to take on the challenge (see what we did there?!)

What will your role involve?

I am responsible for creating a challenge events portfolio tailored to our corporate supporters. There are so many companies who are looking to support worthwhile charities and I will be showing them how they can support TAAS by taking part in one (or more) of our fantastic events. As a sneak preview for 2013 there will be canoes, mountains, lakes, bikes and much much more!

What did you do before you joined TAAS?

Before I started at TAAS I worked in events management for a male cancer charity. Although a very different cause the events that I organised were along the same lines and I gained lots of experience in creating tough but exciting outdoor challenges. My passion for events management and the third sector came from working as Events Manager on my university RAG committee, definitely the best place to start for any budding charity events manager.

Why did you join TAAS?

After hearing about the forward thinking ethos of TAAS at my interview I was inspired about how I could fit into this team. TAAS is constantly striving for the most innovative way to fundraise and further the charity, week on week. Speaking with the pilots and paramedics and then seeing them jump into the helicopter on a real life emergency will never lose its excitement and the adrenaline felt knowing that my job helps to ensure this service continues to run and save lives!

How have you found working at TAAS so far (be nice!)

Since starting at TAAS it has been a complete whirlwind, but a very fun one. Being the first TAAS staff in London is exciting and scary, but we are sure that we can ‘conquer’ the city and raise the profile of TAAS across the capital.

What are you looking forward to about the role?

I am most looking forward to showing my supporters how their money will make a difference to TAAS. Taking runners to the helicopter base or introducing corporates to those who have been saved by their fundraising will be an inspiring experience. Having a concrete service to be proud of will be amazing, certainly a lot more thrilling than taking supporters around a research lab!

What do you like doing when you’re not in the office?

As my role is all about the sports and fitness challenges I like to do as I preach. I train in gymnastics, running, cycling and dance and love heading to the gym after a long day of work to unwind!

No comments:

Post a Comment