Friday 12 April 2013

In My Spare Time....

What do you do in your spare time? Do you watch television? Play sports? Shop to you drop? Garry Froggatt, one of our esteemed volunteers, has written a poem about what he does in his spare time and we're sure you'll agree it's incredibly motivating and inspiring! To follow in Garry's footsteps and volunteer for The Air Ambulance Service in your spare time, please get in touch!


In My Spare Time

Wherever you are, wherever you may be,
You may be knocked down or crash into a tree,
You may fall off a horse,
Or wander off course,
But our helicopter will be there for thee.

Now flying one of these, isn’t cheap,
To help you get back on your feet,
So whilst you’re drinking your brew
Just think about our crew
Who’s rushing to their need.

But spare a thought about the money
That needs to be raised, whether rainy or sunny.
I can’t do tricks
And I’m rubbish at limericks,
And not very good at being funny

But in my spare time, I’ll run a stall
Selling pencils n pens, in a hall.
Your spare cash, you can chuck it
In my collection tin, or bucket
And make a difference, however small.

No comments:

Post a Comment